March 1, 2011

OSCARS 2011

Since I found out that Anne Hathaway and James Franco are hosting the Oscars, I suddenly became excited -- as in extra excited.
 SHE was well-loved by me and HE was so admirable. so besides the most awaited Red Carpet Moments, I've waited long enough for what James and Anne had to offer when it comes to hosting, specially when I saw their Oscars Promotions' Videos -- Click Here, and Here. Plus the Training they had to go through-- Oscar Hosts go to Boot Camp, and the Other hilarious Oscar promotions' videos -- like  Anne Hathaway Sings "EVITA" and Promo Shoot 

James Franco and Anne Hathaway

I really haven't had the chance to watch the full Oscars' coverage but as to what I've seen, Anne really tried to impart her best in doing the hosting stint and as for Franco, he looked really lame or was he just nervous because aside from being a co-host to Anne, he had a Best Actor nomination that night?
(Well, who wouldn't be nervous? It's an Academy Award and i must say that he really did a great job in 127 hours!)
Anne kept her goofy personality and at least make the crowd smile while Franco managed to do nothing but Tweeting about everything that's happening from the time he was dressing up until the backstage pictures --  which he hash-ed tagged as #OSCARS REALTIME.
Good thing, he's cute and intelligent or else, I could say a lot more negative feedbacks about him hosting the Oscars!
So, enough of Anne and James! let's go to my Favorite part of the 83rd Academy Awards. which is when Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law presented an award which really made me laugh out so loud!!
 And don't forget the naturally comic and the Academy's previous recipient of Best Actress Award -- Sandra Bullock! Gosh! she called Jeff Bridges "DUDE" haha! 
 I really wanna see the three of them host the next Oscars, it'll be the most hilarious Academy Awards for sure! HAHA!
And of course the most awaited part of the night were the winners! 
And here are the list of them to keep you updated, in case you weren't able to watch.
Best Picture
"The King's Speech"
Best Actor
Colin Firth - "The King's Speech"
Best Actress
Natalie Portman - "Black Swan"
Best Director
Tom Hooper - "The King's Speech"
Best Original Song
Randy Newman - "We Belong Together" ("Toy Story 3")
Best Film Editing
Angus Wall and Krik Bacter - "The Social Network"
Best Visual Effects
"Inception"
Best Documentary Feature
"Inside Job"
Best Documentary Short
"Strangers No More"
Best Live Action Short
"God of Love"
Best Costume
"Alice in Wonderland"
Best Makeup
"The Wolfman"
Best Sound Editing
Richard King - "Inception"
Best Soundtrack
"The Social Network"
Best Supporting Actor
Christian Bale -"The Fighter
Best Foreign Film
"In a Better World"
Best Film Editing
"The Social Network"
Best Original Screenplay
"The King's Speech"
Best Foreign Language Screenplay
"In a Better World"
Best Adapted Screenplay
"The Social Network" - Aaron Sorkin
Best Animated Feature
"Toy Story 3"
Best Supporting Actress
"Melissa Leo"
Best Cinematography
"Inception"
Best Art Direction

"Alice in Wonderland"

( List of Winners Courtesy of Click Here)

Of Course, I cried some of my tears when my bet for Best Actress won, Natalie Portman.
 I felt so happy for her cause she's really blessed! Aside from her engagement with Black Swan's choreographer and her "beautiful love" Benjamin Millepied, she said he is giving her the most important role -- a mother to their first child. How lovely! =)
For me, the Oscars this year was pretty predictable, from the winners of Best Actress and Best Picture, I wasn't wrong with my instincts. Can't really say more cause I wasn't able to watch the entire coverage.

Looking forward for the 84th Academy Awards. 
More Great Movies and Fearless Fashion!

P.S.
Will blog my choice for "Best Dressed List" SOON.


Photos Courtesy of: Yahoo and Yahoo! Oscars Coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment