December 2, 2011

Early Christmas Gift! ♥

I've been bugging my mom to buy me a point and shoot camera that's better than my old one. I specifically asked her for a semi-SLR camera from Sony.

It's obviously pricey so my mom would absolutely say NO. haha!
I really lost all the hope I can get in having a better camera than what I have until one night, my boyfriend went home to spill the good news. 
His best friend who works full time at CANON is flying for his ANNUAL Convention in Japan and that all Products from CANON are up to 50% off. YIKESSS!! 
Sale is something that makes every girls giggle and for those who knew me, I have loved Gadgets as much as I love FASHION.  So I didn't let this opportunity go by, I gave my very best to convince my mom to buy me one cam since the 50%off will never happen again and it will be really sayang to let it pass.
After a week of convincing my mom, she finally said YES but it will be my Christmas gift na daw. EHEM! ok lang kahit new Year's gift na din! LOL! OA much na!

I was a bit disappointed when I found out na there's no semi-SLR in Canon like Sony's NEX series, so my bf said na it's better to buy a DSLR nalang instead of a semi SLR that's likewise the price of Canon's latest DSLR -- the CANON 600d. His best friend said that this model haven't been reported na nasisira and is the product na pino-promote as well. When I further learned about it's features, I instantly fell in love with it. 

My ever bwiset bf told me that the camera will arrive November 13th but as usual, he was lying! LOL! He surprised me the day before by delivering it to me personally at home. Unfortunately, all my nephews and nieces are at home since it's SATURDAY and saw the camera instantly. They were more excited than me and insisted to try the new cam. I had to initially charge the battery and after 3 hours it was all set and ready. The kids literally waited for the battery to be charged and so I wasn't able to do nothing but take a few shots of them. Actually, MANY SHOTS" of them! LOL!

the box that took the kids by storm!
I got an 18-135mm lens with my cam though the camera's box says 18-55mm. The reason is Alfred (the Best friend who travelled 3 hrs away from his hotel in Japan just to buy me this camera.) swapped my camera's original lens to someone who doesn't want an 18-135mm EF lens. I got my camera at 10,000 pesos less and the lens at a whooping 20,000 pesos off. HOW cool is that?? I really can't believe how great this bargain was. (though  it doesn't come with a camera bag, It's freaking OK!!)
Was so happy to finally have a decent and trustworthy camera. my only problem here is that the MANUAL is in Japanese Language. HAHAHA!! I downloaded an English Manual from the net, so I'll have to stay in front of my PC when reading it. LOL!

I'd like to thank my MOM for the early gift. I  know that we disagree about almost everything most of the time but I still thank GOD for giving me a very pakipot mom like her. LOL! LOVE YOU Mother Dearly!! =)


Will post my first set of shots! (with the KIDS)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment