December 18, 2011

Online Shopping

It has been so easy as pie to shop since online shopping was created. 
Imagine, sitting in front of your computer, browsing through a lot of apparels and by just simply clicking a button; you have already purchased a new stuff without even having to step out of the house!!! How cool is that? 
I have been a fan of online shopping when I joined MULTIPLY in year 2007. My only reason for joining Multiply is because I wanted a site that can where I can upload hundreds of photos and blog at the same time. But when I saw these local online stores, I can't help myself but release my "impulsive shopper" self. From headbands to accessories to bags, I indulged myself (and my sisters) into online shopping! I even tried to sell goods as well!! haha!The only thing I hated during the old days is that I had to go to the bank to pay, so the comfort of shopping while staying at home was kinda not imposed. So, I stopped buying online.
Now, Multiply is officially a marketplace for people who loves fashion, electronics, furniture. etc.etc.. name it and they have it! 
They also improved their payment modes by adding PayPal which is safer than using your credit card directly. In addition, they now have a badge that marks each seller as a "Trusted Seller" which means that Multiply will guarantee your purchases via the "Buyer Protection" where in, if you don't receive your purchase within 10 days of the shipping date promised by the seller or from what was described by the seller, Multiply will refund you the purchase price, including shipping. 
Because of these new policies, buyers felt a lot safer to buy through their site and gave them the convenience of online sites' promise of shopping in your own home. I actually started to buy through Multiply again but to those with the Trusted Badge only. hehe! PLAY SAFE lang, diba!
So as the season of giving came, I started buying gifts for mySELF one by one.. HAHA!! yes, I give gifts to myself!! I buy mostly through local brands' websites. haha! =)


Loafers from Chilli Margarita
ANANIAS Slingbacks from SO!FAB
My mom would constantly tell me to NEVER buy online because of all the news about people who hacks your credit card numbers... So, I promised myself to lessen this addiction, not just because MOTHERS KNEW BEST but because it's always better to see and fit these things especially for the clothes and shoes. I'm not saying that you shouldn't trust the sellers coz i'm a seller too; but it's a mature  attitude to be careful at all times. You will never know if you're transacting with a fake seller who will only take your money away from you, right? 
So, before making a purchase, get to know the seller well... ask a lot of questions... ask where the items are from. Are they authentic or class A? Which courier are they tied up? LBC or Air21? You can also ask other buyers for feedback and guidance.
Go ahead! don't be shy to ask, you're the customer, you deserve to know these things. If there's no proof that the seller is trusted and you don't feel comfortable doing business with him/her, don't risk it! There's always another store!
Remember, It's always better to be SAFE than SORRY!
Good luck girls and Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment